BMWL is seeking a highly motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to join its Communications Team full-time in the Orlando office.
Under the direction of the Communications Director, the Communications Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will revolve around playing a supporting role for the Communications Team and assisting with cultivating client relationships and marketing opportunities.
Genuine interest and enthusiasm for our firm – who we are, what we do, and who we serve – is extremely important in this role. As a member of the Communications Team, we expect the individual in this role to represent BMWL’s service model and all it encompasses.
Prior communications experience in a CPA firm or other professional environment is preferred. However, we will gladly consider a truly positive, eager-to-learn, can-do person to fill this role.
Under the direction of the Communications Director, the duties of this position involve, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the cataloging, distribution, and maintenance of the firm’s intellectual property;
- Help to create, maintain, and strengthen elements related to the firm’s digital presence;
- Aid in the coordination and distribution of internal and external firm communications such as newsletters, special alerts, and feature articles;
- Assist with the preparation, promotion, and execution of live and recorded speaking engagements and the correlated marketing pieces; including but not limited to firm seminars, web briefings, conferences, and tradeshow booths;
- Assist in the client acquisition process, which will require excellent communication skills via phone and email;
- Other tasks as directed by the Communications Team
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or related discipline is preferred, but we are willing to consider candidates with strong work experience in lieu of a degree
Experience: Prior experience in a professional environment is preferred. However, we will gladly consider a truly positive, eager-to-learn, can-do person to fill this role.
Computer Skills: Must have a thorough knowledge of and the ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook. The ideal candidate will also be skilled in using Canva and the Adobe suite of products, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro. Familiarity with WordPress and social media sites is also preferred.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel is required.
Personal Skills: The ideal candidate will be extremely professional, articulate, proactive, and detail-oriented. The successful candidate will be a go-getter who actively engages in the overall communications strategy for the firm.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should review our website to learn more about our firm. If you wish to apply, please email a current résumé and cover letter describing why our firm and the position appeal to you and why you would be an excellent fit for the role to [email protected]. *Please note that applicants who do not send their résumé AND cover letter directly to [email protected] will not be considered.