Director of Operations
BMWL is seeking a highly motivated and high-capacity professional to serve as our Director of Operations.
The Director of Operations will be a key member of the firm’s senior management team and will direct, manage, and facilitate our firm’s ongoing operations. We are seeking an individual with excellent people skills, strong business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic. The role of Director of Operations is a multi-faceted role that includes elements of leadership and management as well as hands-on work to get things done. It will involve engagement in most areas of the firm’s operations. In other words, in addition to leading and managing members of our team in certain roles, the Director of Operations will also be performing certain hands-on operational functions directly.
A successful Director of Operations will be eligible for future promotion to Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Under the direction and supervision of the Managing Partner, the Director of Operations will:
- Understand and strongly embrace the firm’s service model for providing the highest caliber of service available in the United States to the excellent nonprofit organizations that we have the privilege of serving
- Strongly participate in our firm’s commitment to serve our fellow team members with the same commitment to excellence with which we serve our clients
- Serve as the operational “right arm” of the managing partner in the leadership, management, and operations of the firm – helping to leverage the managing partner’s time
- Provide leadership and management for certain administrative practice leaders as directed by the managing partner
- Oversee and engage in financial operations, technical/logistical operations, IT, employee benefits, insurance, firm licensing, risk management, registrations for authority to operate in multiple states, facilities, and other operational areas as requested
- Proactively seek and evaluate new and better ways to conduct operations with efficiency, including software apps and outsourcing
- Participate as a team member in projects, events, or operations where needed
- Otherwise, contribute enthusiastically to the firm’s successful operations
The successful candidate for Director of Operations will have significant knowledge and experience in successfully addressing a variety of business and operational matters. Requirements include:
- Proven relevant experience
- High capacity and motivation
- Must be a positive person with a positive outlook
- Pleasant personality – must be a person with whom other positive people enjoy working
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics
- Working knowledge of IT, insurance coverage, employee benefits, and general business operations
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and résumé to us at the following e-mail address: [email protected]. The cover letter must address why the applicant believes he or she is an excellent candidate for the position and why the candidate believes our firm may be the right place for him or her to pursue a long-term position. Submissions not meeting these requirements will be disregarded.